The April 2018 team is open and accepting applications!
Please join us!
Youth and small groups! This is a great way to discover how the rest of the world lives. Get your youth leaders involved and put together a team to work in Kenya!
Teams are always filling up – reserve your spot now. Preparations take time so it’s never too early to start. Many teams may have only 6-8 team members so they fill quickly – don’t wait too long.
Unboxed teams will focus their energies in and around the project work that our partners in Kisumu, Kenya, have started, and in the nearby schools that we partner with. There are many of them and lots of work to be done! We might paint, clean, build, mud a home, and play while we are visiting communities, schools and orphanages. On each team trip, we often hold one or two outdoor medical outreach camps in remote villages around Kisumu to allow those who rarely get medical care to do so at no charge.
Teams are also introduced to current project groups to help share in the group’s accomplishments as we visit their work. We often join the community and work to help complete one of their projects.
Team members fly from their home airport to a US connection point – typically Washington DC – where they meet each other, and then fly on to Europe and into Kenya together.
Our overall trip fees cover:
• In-country preparation, materials and six session volunteer training (via conference calls)
• American Team Leader to accompany team from meeting point to Africa and back
• African Team Host- Interpreter to accompany team throughout Kenyan stay
• Air transportation from home airport to destination in Kenya
• Private ground transportation with excellent and knowledgeable drivers for all Kenya ground travel
• Meals throughout stay in Kenya
• Drinks (with meals) and bottled water throughout stay in Africa
• Clean, secure and safe lodging/accommodations for entire team trip
• Donation to offset expenses for the project work the team will be doing within the communities they visit
We encourage volunteers to raise the money for their team trip instead of paying out of pocket so that other people can get involved and so they can bring awareness to the situation in Africa.
Get information on Team conference calls.
Contact us now and join a team trip in 2018….remember it takes time to fundraise and prepare, so start now!